GRAHAM is possessed of the same driving passion as George Graham, who in the 18th century, devoted his life to the creation of the unattainable.
“Honest” George as he was known, transformed his world through his art. He was the inventor of the first Orrery in 1713.
Friends with astronomers such as Sir Isaac Newton or Edmond Halley, he created the first mechanical solar system model, in 1713. The invention was presented to Charles Boyle, 4th Earl of Orrery, from which all such tellurians and planetariums take their name. The Orrery overturned the conventions of watchmaking and astronomy and it was all of 300 years ago.
It would have been unforgivable for GRAHAM to miss the 300th anniversary of the invention of the Orrery. That is why GRAHAM presents the highest level of innovation in watchmaking with its Orrery wrist machine.
High-technology was used to realize a tri-dimensional Tourbillon Orrery.
Set in motion by Christophe Claret Manufacture in Le Locle, Switzerland, the Orrery includes the Moon, Earth, Mars and the Sun based on a 300-year calendar. The Sun represented by a pink gold (18K) hand-engraved Tourbillon bridge with 2 Phoenix heads celebrates the decoration used by George Graham.
The year counter on the case back enables to identify correction for the planets (Moon: 7 years, Earth: 1156 years, Mars: 25 years).
The wrist Orrery developed by GRAHAM is functional for the next 300 years. We will leave future generations to create the third Orrery in 2313.
Designed to last a lifetime and longer.
GRAHAM Tourbillon Orrery Specification
Limited edition: 20
- Manual Tourbillon Orrery, mechanical solar system model with 100 years calendar (two additional graduations of 100 years – 300 years in total). Year counter on the case back with planet correction indicators. (Moon: 7 years, Earth: 1156 years, Mars: 25 years)
- Hours, Minutes
- G1800, high precision mechanical movement exclusively made for GRAHAM by Christophe Claret with Haute Horlogerie finishing, circular « Côtes de Genève » decoration, Tourbillon Orrery (solar system mecanism), 21’600 A/h (3Hz), Incabloc shock absorber
- 35 jewels
- Power reserve : 72 hours – 2 barrels
- 48 mm pink gold (18K) case
- 17.60 mm thick
- Pink gold (18K) right hand control crowns (planets’ crown at 2 o’clock, manual winding and time crown at 3 o’clock), Moon corrector at 4 o’clock, Mars corrector at 10 o’clock
- Pink gold (18K) bezel
- Dome sapphire crystal (semi-spherical), anti-reflective coating on both faces. Full size dimension: 43.5mm opening
- See-through sapphire crystal case back with 100-year scale, Moon and Mars correction indicators and serial number hand-engraved
Water resistance: 160 feet / 50 m / 5 bar
- Black dial with Geo.Graham Tourbillon Orrery inscription at 4 o’clock
- 3 scales – from the outside to the centre: hours and minutes scale, Gregorian calendar (365.25 days – Earth indicates the date), Zodiac scale (12 astrological signs – Earth indicates the zodiac sign). Counter-clockwise reading.
- Solar system: The Moon (rhodium, Ø0.90 mm); The Earth (blue sapphire, Ø3.20 mm); Mars (ruby, Ø1.70 mm); The Sun (pink gold (18K) – hand-engraved Tourbillon bridge with 2 Phoenix heads inspired by George Graham decoration and a close set diamond at the centre (Ø2.50mm). Counter-clockwise reading.
- Off-centre skeleton pink gold (18K) hands with black Super-LumiNova coating
- Hand-sewn black croco
- Pink gold (18K) pin buckle