Timekeeping meets the Scottish art of distillation in the Whisky Watch, an unusual watch which features a chamber embedded in the dial containing a single drop of the worlds oldest whisky, a Glenlivet 1862.
The Whisky Watch is a partnership between watchmaker Louis Moinet and Polish company, Wealth Solutions known for specializing in luxury collectibles.
Louis Moinet has created watches using unusual materials in the past, such as the “Jurassic Tourbillon” which used fossilized dinosaur bone in its construction.
Wealth Solutions are not unfamiliar with this territory having created a couple of other watches containing rare spirits (pictured below).
The Rum Watch, a collaboration with Speake-Marin containing the worlds oldest rum from 1780 and the Cognac Watch a collaboration with Armin Strom containing the exclusive Gautier 1762 Cognac.
The Whisky watch is an edition of fifty waches in total, forty in steel and ten in gold all featuring a small glass chamber inside them containing a single drop of the whisky.
The steel version will cost around $17,000 and the gold version will sell for $45,000.
More information can be found at the Wealth Solutions site
Whisky Watch Technical Data
Features and functions:
• Seconds at 9 o’clock
• Exclusive Whisky capsule at 3 o’clock
Dial and hands:
• Hour & Minute “Goutte de Rosée”® dew-drop hands
• 3-level dial with applied open-work hour-markers
• Small seconds lacquered subdial with “Goutte de Rosée”® hand at 9 o’clock
Movement and finish:
• LM45 caliber, designed and manufactured by Louis Moinet
• Winding: Automatic
• Oscillations: 28,800 vibrations per hour
• Frequency: 4Hz
• Power reserve: 48 hours
• Jewels: 22
• Diameter: 30.40 mm, Height: 6.70 mm
Case and strap:
• Case: Original Louis Moinet®, composed of 55 pieces
• Material: 316L Stainless Steel or 18K rose gold
• Diameter: 43.20 mm
• Thickness: 14.80 mm
• Water resistance: 50 meters
• Crystals: Sapphire crystals with non-reflective coating on both faces
• Strap: Hand-sewn Louisiana alligator leather with alligator lining
• 40 in steel case
• 10 in gold case